It appears that Google has just pushed out a fresh batch of imagery. Thanks to sharp-eyed GEB readers ‘Schorsch’ and ‘Munden’ for being the first to let us know about it.
Unlike some of the other recent updates, this imagery isn’t yet in the “classic” Google Maps. As a result, you can compare Google Earth to Google Maps to determine what is new; the fresh imagery is already in Google Earth, but the old imagery is still in Google Maps. If you compare the two side-by-side and they’re not identical, that means that you’ve found a freshly updated area in Google Earth!
Some of the updated areas include:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: Bihac
- China: Haipo, Suixi, Dinghai
- Germany: Hamburg
- Greece: Aspropirgos
- India: Mumbai, Hyderabad, Madhurawada, Agra, Nani Rajasthali
- Iran: Tehran, Bandar Abbas, Bushehr, Bandergaah
- Mexico: Matamoros and Tolentino
- Pakistan: Karachi, Lahore (partial), Township, Faisalabad, Darra, Hattar, Satellite Town
- Russia: Sochi, Adler
- Serbia: Belgrade
- Ukraine: Sevastopol
If you find any other updated areas, please leave a comment and let us know!