[UPDATE 2010: some edits were made to the list and are highlighted in blue.]
[See the YouTube Swiss Alps Flying Tour.]
The update of imagery mentioned over the last few days for Google Maps is now available in Google Earth. Swiss Alps terrain is in high resolution (10 meter)! This is awesome to behold! .
Here’s the scoop from Google on what is new:
- Entire country of Switzerland at 50cm and many Swiss cities at 25cm (thank you, Endoxon)
- Entire country of Switzerland terrain at 10m resolution, Swiss Alps are now high-res!
- Entire country of Denmark at 50cm
- Australia day flyover (Google maps special)
- Cities of France: Lyon; Le Mans; Lourdes; Reims; Nancy; Limoges; Lille; Arles
- Potsdam and Magdeburg, Germany
- Barcelona, Belem, Cape Town, Galapagos (Isabella Island), Manaus, Mt Saint Helens, Recife, Rio, Venice
- Whistler British Columbia
- Full state coverage for Wyoming & Utah
- Cities and counties in the US: Kirkland, WA; 6 counties in Arksansas; Dallas county, IA; Rutherford County, NC; Lancaster County, NE; Johnson County, NC; Lee County, NC;
- significant amounts of new DigitalGlobe data
Check out OgleEarth’s review of the new Swiss Alps data.
By the way, I wanted to point out that a GEB reader named Jonas was the first to point out the new Denmark imagery to me on Feb. 26th. Thanks Jonas!