Today is Earth Day, a time to sit back and think about our wonderful planet, and some of us will be out picking up some trash, or just enjoying nature.
For those of you stuck inside due to weather, work, or other reasons – perhaps you might want to spend the day exploring our wonderful planet through the power of Google Earth. Here are a few links of stories from Google Earth Blog in the past year describing environmental related content available for viewing in Google Earth:
- Teaching about the ocean floor with Google Earth
- Researchers rediscover lost butterfly species with the help of Google Earth
- Watching our watersheds in Google Earth
- Street View goes underwater
- Saving elephants with Google Earth
- Beautiful images from Google Earth Outreach