It appears that we have some fresh imagery in Google Earth today! Thanks to GEB reader ‘Munden’ for letting us know about it.
As is almost always the case, you can use Google Maps to determine for sure whether or not a specific area is fresh. This new imagery isn’t in Google Maps yet, so you can compare Earth vs. Maps to see what’s new; the fresh imagery is already in Google Earth, but the old imagery is still in Google Maps. If you compare the two side-by-side and they’re not identical, that means that you’ve found a freshly updated area in Google Earth!
Some of the updated areas include:
- China: Huludao, Maolin, Qingdao, Kunming
- Germany: Vaihingen, Olpenitzdorf
- India: Baga, Kusunda
- Japan: Kanazawa, Sagamihara, Fujisawa, Kamakura, Tachikawa, Akiruno, Toba, Fujinomiya
- United Kingdom: Glasgow, Taransay
- United States: Hawaii (Lanai, Molokai, Oahu), New Mexico (VLA), Nevada/Arizona (eastern Lake Mead area), Texas (Beaumont)
- Ukraine: Mykolaiv
If you find any other updated areas, please leave a comment and let us know!