Thanks to a tip from GEB reader ‘Anthony’, we’ve learned that Google has just pushed out a fresh imagery update!
As is almost always the case, you can use Google Maps to determine for sure whether or not a specific area is fresh. This new imagery isn’t in Google Maps yet, so you can compare Earth vs. Maps to see what’s new; the fresh imagery is already in Google Earth, but the old imagery is still in Google Maps. If you compare the two side-by-side and they’re not identical, that means that you’ve found a freshly updated area in Google Earth!
Some of the updated areas include:
- Argentina: Buenos Aires, Punta Alta
- France: Chambery
- India: Agra, Aurangabad, New Delhi
- New Zealand: Christchurch (thanks ‘Anthony’)
- United Arab Emirates: Dubai (thanks ‘Munden’)
- United States: Georgia (Atlanta), Louisiana (New Orleans)
If you find any other updated areas, please leave a comment and let us know!