Find out where the Street View cars are currently on the road

Google has just released a major update to their Street View site with a handful of great new features. Notice that this isn’t new imagery, but it’s still quite cool for a few reasons.
Along with greater detail about the various Street View vehicles and your privacy, they’ve added an oft-requested feature: where the cars are currently driving. People often ask when imagery for their city will be updated, and now we get a nice glimpse at the answer.
Beyond that, you can learn the details of how the imagery from cars gets converted to Street View or check out their gallery of locations, which includes some amazing views.

(via Google Lat Long blog)

About Mickey Mellen

Mickey has been using Google Earth since it was released in 2005, and has created a variety of geo-related sites including Google Earth Hacks. He runs a web design firm in Marietta, GA, where he lives with his wife and two kids.

1. Welcome information. Google should do more like this, for example to give background on GE layers.
    Although it’s difficult to judge how much new SV imagery is being created in a country, it looks like we will be seeing Belgium for the first time, expansion of coverage in France, Italy and Spain, and updates (?) in Ireland and the UK. But significantly “no driving” in Germany – perhaps all those opaque privacy screens cost too much.

2. Eric Bluhm says:

Is there a way to find out when the Google Street car will be back around to take more updated photos? Specifically I was looking for Austin TX for a client that renovated a hotel and would like this reflected.

3. Hi,
    Just wondered if the Google Car will go down Harper St, Tinonee, NSW? – i also noticed it hasn’t been though Tinonee in 4 years.

4. I’m starting to get some traction on my blog where users submit photos everytime they sight the google street view car. Hoping it will catch on:

5. Linda frohock says:

I saw it in Midwest City, Oklahoma on Thursday October 16th

6. when will it come though ashbourne derbishire uk

7. when will it go down northwood in pearland tx

8. Ridwan Wagiet says:

Hi Google Maps

When will Cape Town and its suburbs be updated. Many changes occurred. I live in Wynberg, 17km from Cape Town and many changes occurred there as well.

Is there also any way I can help.

9. I saw one yesterday on westlake Av. In Atlanta, Ga.

10. Will there be a proper mapping and street view of Jamaica in all the regions?.

11. One went by my home southbound, yesterday afternoon. CR 1350 East, Howard County, Indiana

12. Google maps car made it to Spring Break 2015. Panama City Beach Florida. Party on, but stay safe while you’re here.

• It went through Coral Gables, FL yesterday. Right by the airport. Saw it when we were driving to the airport at 1230pm.

13. When will I see this in michigan?

14. just saw it driving south on las vegas blvd past bellagio

15. June 8 & 9 West Warwick/ Coventry RI at about 10 to 11 am both days.

16. June 29th around 2:30 pm at 215 E. Main Street, Clinton, CT

17. Saw it passing the Wayne Township Fire Training center in Indianapolis today. Hope it will go to Westfield and shoot pics of the Grand Park. How long does it take new pics (taken today for example) to show up?

18. Myrna Berry says:

Why would the google car video my street 4 times in the past 5 years? My street doesn’t change…..same houses for over 15 years.

19. Thais Santos says:

I have JUST seen one at Moore Ave, Baltimore, MD. I want to know when the photos will be updated so I can see myself scandalously waiving.

20. I saw one in providence yesterday

21. Street View car in Westlake, Ohio on October 12, 2015

22. Thanks for all information

23. When are you going to update your stree views images there are new roads in my area

24. When will Google Vehicles come to Jamaica, W.I. or any of the Caribbean Islands? You guys did countries in South America but missed us.

25. Richard Baylis says:

The feature to show where street view cars are currently driving is no longer available. I had bookmarked the page that is in the above link and often checked it in the hope of finding that they would be updating my area after many years. But you now get directed to a general information page Perhaps it was too difficult to keep it up to date with the current accurate information, but that’s a shame. I’d have thought it relatively easy to feed into the page automatically from whatever system they were using to manage the street view project. The previous owner of the property where I live requested it to be obscured and as they have no mechanism to request that is undone (or perhaps it isn’t non-destructive and can’t be) I’d really like to see the street view updated.