As pointed out by GEB readers ‘Jorge’ and ‘Ika’, Google has just pushed out some fresh new imagery!
As is usually the case, you can use Google Maps to determine for sure whether or not a specific area is fresh. This new imagery isn’t in Google Maps yet, so you can compare Earth vs. Maps to see what’s new; the fresh imagery is already in Google Earth, but the old imagery is still in Google Maps. If you compare the two side-by-side and they’re not identical, that means that you’ve found a freshly updated area in Google Earth!
[UPDATED -- 9-December, 12:57pm EST]
- Georgia; Tbilisi — thanks ‘Ika’
- Peru: Nasca — thanks ‘Jorge’
- Switzerland: Various areas — thanks ‘Chris’
- Thailand: Various areas — thanks ‘Andy’
- United States: Alabama (Birmingham, Tuscaloosa), Arkansas (Little Rock), Illinois (Peoria), Missouri (St. Joseph) — thanks ‘Andreas’
- Uruguay: — thanks ‘Enrique’ and ‘Sam’
If you find any other updated areas, please leave a comment and let us know!