As pointed out by GEB readers ‘Jorge’ and @NoelBallantyne, Google has just pushed out some fresh new imagery!
As is usually the case, you can use Google Maps to determine for sure whether or not a specific area is fresh. This new imagery isn’t in Google Maps yet, so you can compare Earth vs. Maps to see what’s new; the fresh imagery is already in Google Earth, but the old imagery is still in Google Maps. If you compare the two side-by-side and they’re not identical, that means that you’ve found a freshly updated area in Google Earth!
[UPDATED — 19-October, 1:28pm EST]
- Ireland: Various areas — thanks ‘Noel’
- Peru: West part of Lima and Callao — thanks ‘Jorge’
- Russia: Near Kimry — thanks ‘AlexeiD’
- Thailand: Various areas — thanks ‘Andy’
- United States: Medford, OR — thanks ‘Steven’
- Uruguay: — thanks ‘Enrique’
If you find any other updated areas, please leave a comment and let us know!