Google Earth has just rolled out some fresh imagery for us! Thanks to GEB reader ‘orb2222′ for being the first to let us know about it.
As is almost always the case, you can use Google Maps to determine for sure whether or not a specific area is fresh. This new imagery isn’t in Google Maps yet, so you can compare Earth vs. Maps to see what’s new; the fresh imagery is already in Google Earth, but the old imagery is still in Google Maps. If you compare the two side-by-side and they’re not identical, that means that you’ve found a freshly updated area in Google Earth!
[UPDATED -- 9-September, 6:39am EST]
- Canada: Quebec — thanks ‘Steven’
- China: Western areas — thanks ‘Steven’
- Ecuador: Latacunga — thanks ‘Snakeye’
- Kyrgyzstan: Western areas — thanks ‘Steven’
- Poland: Various cities — thanks ‘orb2222′
- Russia: Various places — thanks ‘AlexeiD’
- Spain: Basque Country — thanks ”Neutravo’
- Sri Lanka: Various — thanks ‘Steven’
- United States: NW Bay Area, CA : Dover, DE : Louisville, KY : Shiawassee County, MI : Houston, TX : Richmond, VA : Spokane, WA — thanks ‘belmaktor’, ‘Steven’, ‘Matt’ and ‘ChrisK’
If you find any other updated areas, please leave a comment and let us know!