There is new imagery starting to appear in Google Earth. Only a few places have been located so far, but there are certainly more out there.
[UPDATE 25-MAR -- The "updated areas" KML file is now available. Download it here.]
As is often the case, you can use Google Maps to determine for sure whether or not a specific area is fresh. This new imagery isn’t in Google Maps yet, so you can compare Earth vs. Maps to see what’s new; the fresh imagery is already in Google Earth, but the old imagery is still in Google Maps. If you compare the two side-by-side and they’re not identical, that means that you’ve found a freshly updated area in Google Earth!
[UPDATED -- 23-March, 8:36pm EST]
- Agentina: Resistencia, Chaco – Thanks ‘pertile’
- Antarctica: Various – Thanks ‘Rider’
- Brazil: Porto Alegre and south of Alegrete, RS – Thanks ‘Rafael’
- France: Apt, Carpentras, Questembert – Thanks ‘jlb’
- Norway: Ålesun and Stavanger – Thanks ‘brano’ and ‘Maggern’
- Romania: Craiova – Thanks ‘twist3′
- United States: California (Riverside), Florida (Palm Beach County) and Texas (Odessa, Tyler) – Thanks ‘Andreas’ and ‘Andrew’
If you find any other updated areas, please leave a comment and let us know!