Hot on the heels of last night’s StreetView update, we find ourselves with a bunch of fresh imagery to enjoy, too! Ottawa, Canada and parts of Ireland have been updated, among others. See the bottom of this post for the full (and oft-updated) list.
[UPDATE 10-FEB — The “updated areas” KML file is now available. Download it here.]
As always, you can use Google Maps to determine for sure whether or not a specific area is fresh. This new imagery isn’t in Google Maps yet, so you can compare Earth vs. Maps to see what’s new; the fresh imagery is already in Google Earth, but the old imagery is still in Google Maps. If you compare the two side-by-side and they’re not identical, that means that you’ve found a freshly updated area in Google Earth!
[UPDATED — 9-Feb, 6:08pm EST]
- Canada: Ottawa area (thanks ‘Justin’)
- China: Some areas in the south (thanks ‘jonas91’)
- Haiti: Imagery in the Port au Prince area is now from January 25 (thanks ‘Munden’)
- Ireland: Strip through parts of longford, westmeath, offaly and laois. Parts of donegal. East Kerry (area around Farranfore). Strip in east Limerick/ north Tippeary. (thanks ‘rm’)
- Poland: Various areas (thanks ‘Dawud’)
- United States: Porterville, CA and surrounding area (thanks ‘Gary’)
I’m sure there are many others, so if you find any other updated areas, please leave a comment and let us know.