[UPDATED 1430 ET]
Google released new imagery last night. I’m sure a few folks in the UK will be happy to see some new imagery finally. Too bad about the photoshopped planes being taken out. Note: the new high res photos introduced for Sydney after Australia Day have been cleaned up. The waters in the Sydney Harbour in particular were made to look much cleaner, but the high res photos of the boats and the helicopter are still there.
Here are the details posted at the Google Earth Community:
New high resolution:
- Canada: Downtown Vancouver, BC
- England: Northamptonshire, Nottingshire, Berkeshire, Peakdistrict, Birmingham, Greater Manchester, Avon, Gloucestershire, Linconshire
- France: Rennes, Poitiers
- US: Omaha, NE; Missoula, MT; Amherst, MA; Keowee, SC; Catawba Wateree, NC/SC; Rolla, MO; Nashville (“Burbia”), TN; Gaston County, NC; Anne Arundel County, Metro Water District of Southern
California; State of Arkansas
- Spain: Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura, El Hierro, La Gomera, Tenerife, and Las
Palmas (Canary Islands) Spain
- US: Austin, TX; San Bernardino, CA; State of Connecticut, Greater Los Angeles Area, CA
- Australia: Sydney harbour area.
- Danish plane replicants removed (read more)
- Andes, Machu Picchu terrain repaired