New Imagery in Google Earth – March 29th

[UPDATED 1430 ET]
Google released new imagery last night. I’m sure a few folks in the UK will be happy to see some new imagery finally. Too bad about the photoshopped planes being taken out. Note: the new high res photos introduced for Sydney after Australia Day have been cleaned up. The waters in the Sydney Harbour in particular were made to look much cleaner, but the high res photos of the boats and the helicopter are still there.
Here are the details posted at the Google Earth Community:

New high resolution:

• Canada: Downtown Vancouver, BC
  • England: Northamptonshire, Nottingshire, Berkeshire, Peakdistrict, Birmingham, Greater Manchester, Avon, Gloucestershire, Linconshire
  • France: Rennes, Poitiers
  • US: Omaha, NE; Missoula, MT; Amherst, MA; Keowee, SC; Catawba Wateree, NC/SC; Rolla, MO; Nashville (“Burbia”), TN; Gaston County, NC; Anne Arundel County, Metro Water District of Southern
    California; State of Arkansas

Updated Imagery:

• Spain: Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura, El Hierro, La Gomera, Tenerife, and Las
    Palmas (Canary Islands) Spain

• US: Austin, TX; San Bernardino, CA; State of Connecticut, Greater Los Angeles Area, CA
  • Australia: Sydney harbour area.

Fixes:

• Danish plane replicants removed (read more)
  • Andes, Machu Picchu terrain repaired

Comments

1. Great that Gran Canaria is updated! Super, thanks. I use Google Earth Bookmarks to show people where I live on my website to create a higher level of trust and it seems to work well!

2. Mauricio Duran says:

And Rosario, Santa Fe, Argentina ??? don’t forget us !!!

3. another whole state – Arkansas, that’s great, but when will Colorado be added ? :(

4. David Kuling says:

Cool. Milton Keynes has also been updated, I can now see where I live clearly!

5. tamergazal says:

hi,, why i cant see my home clear and the picture to mucth old ,, in lebanon and uae ?

6. smokeonit says:

i think darmstadt, germany and the region around it got “high rezzed” with this update…

7. smokeonit says:

also the frankfurt airport got extended in high rez. now the southern part and the western runway that is pointing south to north is now fully high rez…

8. Alessandro Volpi says:

Until 4-5 months ago the whole Milano metropolitan area was available in high resolution. Now the North East part of the city is a low resolution area. I guess that the change is the result of a data update …
    I am rather perplexed since Milano is the most economically significant area in Italy and most Italian cities are fully available in high resolution. In my opinion an “update” should result in an improvement and replacing an old high resolution image with a new low resolution picture cannot be defined as an improvement !
    I always think that googleearth is a wonderful software and service and I am confident that the issue will be promptly fixed.
    Very best regards.
    Alessandro

9. The update for Berkshire, UK, is only a few months newer than the previous high resolution imagery which covered the county (I can tell by the progress made on a new house near us). However the main issue is that the new imagery looks like it is only about half the resolution of the old imagery! :-(

10. Google Earth is great but can we please, please have a version for OSX that supports the SpaceNavigator. It is so frustrating that this works perfectly under Win.
    I would suggest all GE users get a SpaceNavigator but let ALL users take advantage of it.

11. Bill Hoyt says:

I’m trying to be patient really I am, but it is getting difficult. I understand it takes a lot of time to acquire hi-rez images of the entire planet, really I do. But, I find it strange that a two adjoining towns, Augusta, MI with a population of 899 and Galesburg, MI with a population of 1,988 would be in hi-rez, when Battle Creek, MI with a population of 53,364 is not in hi-rez.
    How long will it be before the I-94 corridor between Detriot, MI and Chicago, IL is in hi-rez???

12. D. Glenn says:

Does anyone know what the date was for the current imagery view is for the Lawrenceville, Georgia (USA) area? I’m curious. Thanks.
    Don

13. Please see what you can do about updating imagery in southern Mozambique – That’s a country in Africa for those….