Here’s another collection of interesting news and/or Google Earth places to see:
- Avian Flu Weekly Update – Download, and save in your “My Places”, the Avian Flu network link to get these updates automatically. Read more about the Avian Flu data.
- TWA 800 Analysis – Some serious analysis, using Google Earth to visualize, showing further evidence in favor of a missle having shot down TWA 800. Via OgleEarth.
- World’s Largest Gold Plated House – This house, a six-story replica of the Great Pyramid, is located near Chicago. Read the details at Googlesightseeing.com.
- Leaning Tower of Niles – Another oddity near Chicago from Googlesightseeing.
- Google Earth on Linux Using VMWare – Another method for running Google Earth under Linux with emulation software. If I read the article right, you can use the 30-day free trial version of the software to run GE under Linux. Reports indicate it works better than with WINE.
- An appropriate topic for the weekend. I was contacted by Tom Utley who has created a collection of placemarks for bars in Atlanta on his Atlanta Bar Blog.