Google has just announced a data update with a “significant data move for Western Europe and worldwide placenames and borders”. This primarily effects satellite and aerial photos, but also includes borders and other layer data. I’ll summarize more after I have a chance to look things over. Details from Google in this post:
- large data move for Digital Globe’s coverage of Western Europe (!!)
- Paris, France – GeoInfo 5/2004
- Amsterdam, Assen, Houten, The Hague, Zeist, Wassenaar Waterland – AeroData 2005
- Livingston County, New York – NYGIS 2005
- Columbia County, Orange, Rockland, Westchester,Sullivan, Ulster, Herkimer County, New York – NYGIS 2004
- Herkimer County, New York – NYGIS 2003
- Lawrence, Kansas – Digital Globe 4/2005, 1/2006 (a bit snowy)
- Google Earth Community layer March 24th update, improved presentation
- Antweb added to Community Showcase
- World placenames, borders, and island names – Europa Tech.
- Alternative language placenames (French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, English) – Europa Tech.
[EDIT: 19-April-2006 - See this for a growing list of details on the update]