Lots of interesting Google Earth-related news items in the last week. Here are the highlights:
- MacWorld reviews Google Earth for Mac (beta)
- Wired talks about companies forming to sell Roof-top Ads in response to Google Earth, Live Local, etc. making it easy to look at things from above.
- Forbes Magazine gives Google Earth/Maps/Local a B+ (only real ding was monetization strategy)
- Volkswagen and Nvidia team with Google to develop Google Earth for cars. This Autoblog coverage of the story has lots of screenshots. The VW partnership was announced at the CES Keynote last month.
- NASA Post-Hurricane Katrina Images Available on Google Earth from GISuser. See other Hurricane Katrina resources.